Sign in to follow this  
Brian4618

6.3:1 reel, what rod to go with it?

So I have my 5.3:1 reel for crankbaits with a crankbait rod. My 7.1:1 reel for fast spinnerbaits and fishing jigs. I like using my spinning rod for worms and other plastics, im gonna buy a rod for my 6.3 reel but i dont know what kind of rod to look for. What technique do you guys use your 6.3 ratio reels for?

What action are your current casting rods? If assume mod/slow for cranks with medium power, fast action for spinnerbaits and jigs with med power. Might want to consider a 7' heavy fast action for a dedicated flipping rod, or, 6'6" pitching - which could also double as a C/T rig rod. The 6x will fit about any technique you may want to use, so I would find a rod action and power that currently do not have.

I use 6.4:1 ratio reels for just about everything. The Inch Per Turn rate is 26". 6.3 should be fine for whatever you want to use them for IMO.

X 2... ;)

I use 6.4:1 ratio reels for just about everything. The Inch Per Turn rate is 26". 6.3 should be fine for whatever you want to use them for IMO.

roda you have are three styles i use most,,,,i have about 10 however the one i also use the most when i carry just 4-5 rods on quick trips is an all star 826c jerkbait rod its 6'10" long has a moderate fast action,,,,its built on the same frame as the pitchin stick though,,,,,i use it for jif fishing, pitching,,,,deep diving crankbaits the works,,,,,good do all rod for me