Sign in to follow this  
Josh.

Duckett rods?

Hey guys, I was at the fishing expo yesterday, and I picked up a new rod from Duckett. The guides are really small which i thought was pretty cool. They are light as a feather, and i just wanted to know if anyone has had any experience with them?

Probably not, they JUST came out and his website said these are a early first run. The guides are so small because they are micro guides. BTW did they tell you anything more about the rod?

Not a big fan of those micro guides.  :-/

The guides on casting rods already are small enough for me.

Probably not, they JUST came out and his website said these are a early first run. The guides are so small because they are micro guides. BTW did they tell you anything more about the rod?

All I've really heard is that they are new released rods, and they are selling fast... I've never even seen micro guides... They had one at the fishing expo that you could try out and it felt really good.

My buddy drew out with Terry Scroggins at the recent Okeechobee Bass Open and he said that Scroggins was out casting him by 20 YARDS, not feet, on a carolina rig with identical reels, rod lengths, line weight, and C-rig weight.  So apparently they cast well   ;D

I find it a little ironic that Duckett complained about E 21 giving him prototype & single run rods to test & promote; and now he's doing the same thing with his rods.

Perhaps his actual production rods will be nearly identical to the rods that are out there now, but it seems hypocritical. 

On a side note, I fished (only about 10 minutes) with a micro guide rod & was pretty neutral on it.  If you have a leader knot you'll need to keep that outside the guides to flip, but the rod seemed to cast well.  If I had to guess I'd say micro guide rods will be around for 4 or 5 years, but never become a major success.  That's just a guess though.