Sign in to follow this  
Fishing Rhino

Always buy local. Good price on two Shimano Saros.

I've been thinking about replacing the two Johnny Morris signature spinning reels I bought as combos with his rods last year.

Those reels can be had at BPS for $63.82. They once sold for over a hundred bucks, and if memory serves were more expensive than the Saros.

They don't have a full time or instant anti-reverse, so when jigging or twitching a bait, the bail can move backward until it reaches the stop. Both of them do it. The deposition finish isn't very stellar either. They replaced one of the reels because the finish was peeling off the part that holds the bail roller, and the body of the reel had corrosion blisters all over it.

I went to the local tackle shop that had the best prices around here decades ago, and bought two Shimano Saros which he discounted to just below $115.00 each.

The best part is they are a full servicing Shimano dealer, as well as other top names. From now on, they will have my rod and reel business.

They are only 15 minutes from my doorstep. One of the brothers who started the business many, many years ago, is nearly 90, and still goes to work every day.