Sign in to follow this  
bassheel

ebay?

How many guys here buy reels on ebay? i like the old greenie 200bsf and 50mg reels. Iam just alittle  weary of this method. Maybe someone has some good stories to tell. The prices on ebay seem really fair for what iam looking for.

Nothing wrong with that.

Though when buying discontinued models, I would be concerned with parts availability.

I've sold & bought quite a bit on ebay.  I've bought around 140 items & never had what I'd call a bad transaction.  A couple of times the item wasn't what I thought it should be, but the seller made it right.  I've never bought a reel, but have sold several & always had happy buyers.

The main things I can tell you are to only buy from sellers with very good feedback.  Anything more than $15 I'll only buy from someone with 50 or more feedbacks & 99.5% or higher rating.  And read what their feedback actually says for anything they've sold.  Also, read the actual auction carefully & pay attention to the s&h charges.

If looking for fishing equipment, don't forget the flea market section here, but there are certainly more things to choose from on ebay.

I use eBay all the time for all sorts of stuff. The eBay/PayPal system is solid, seamless, and extremely efficient.

I think MarauderYak gave great advice on assessing the sellers.

On buying used reels in general - you always have some risk - making the seller's reputation and return policy important. I have bought about 9 reels on eBay and have had good luck with them all. YMMV of course...

only way i buy reels anymore. with bing.com and cash back its nearly impossible to beat.

I have purchased most of my reels off ebay with no problems at all. Wild West Bargains has been the seller I have purchased my Quantum Accurist PT BC, Quantum Catalyst PTI-A20, Quantum Energy BC and Quantum Incyte (2) with no problems at all. Other reels I have purchased were the Quantum Catalyst PTI-B20 which was a display model for $50 but came with everything.

Never had a Bad reel purchase and if in doubt ask the seller plenty of questions about the item and your possible purchase.

Bought and sold on there for years.  Never a problem.  Just ask questions before you buy.  Great deals on older reels.   

It's almost stupid not to now a days... I'm looking at a Shimano Core 50mg right now on ebay that is $70 lower than tackle warehouse.

I've bought from reelsseller before. His prices are decent.

I have purchased most of my reels off ebay with no problems at all. Wild West Bargains has been the seller I have purchased my Quantum Accurist PT BC, Quantum Catalyst PTI-A20, Quantum Energy BC and Quantum Incyte (2) with no problems at all. Other reels I have purchased were the Quantum Catalyst PTI-B20 which was a display model for $50 but came with everything.

Never had a Bad reel purchase and if in doubt ask the seller plenty of questions about the item and your possible purchase.

don't tell every one, that just makes for more bidding competition.  I too have gotten great deals from them, we probably have bid against each other.  I have gotten a Patriarch, 2 Sols, Energy, Zillion, and 2 or 3 curados from them.  Always honest about the reel integrity and try there best to represent any imperfections of used reels.

Ebay is great. A seller I used has curado 200 for 130-140 dollars, and citica 200 for like $90 with free shipping.

don't tell every one, that just makes for more bidding competition. I too have gotten great deals from them, we probably have bid against each other. I have gotten a Patriarch, 2 Sols, Energy, Zillion, and 2 or 3 curados from them. Always honest about the reel integrity and try there best to represent any imperfections of used reels.

True I guess I shouldn't let the cat completely out the bag and yeah we probably have bid against one another

Just bought a Core 50mg for $305 brand new (retails for around $369) on ebay and bought a Cuardo and Core Mgfv last year brand new and have had no problems with the transactions or reels.

I recomend the seller reesmart_tackle.  His prices are really good and he keeps you informed on your purchase.