Sign in to follow this  
.ghoti.

apps for a new rod?

Right after Thanksgiving I picked up a Kistler Helium LTA from Cabelas. Got it for $120, used a free shipping coupon and a $75 gift card. So, the rod cost me $45 out of pocket. Couldn't pass it up.

So, what would be a good use for a 7' Med-light power, fast action baitcast rod. I have a new Fuego mounted on it.

It's been too miserable to even go out in the backyard with this new setup. I have no idea how it performs, and was hoping to hear from somebody who has one.

I can tell you the rod is very light, and the grip is one the best I've had in my hands. The Fuego and HTA combo feels like they were made for each other.

Shakyhead, dropshot, and light cranks are what come to mind. Sounds like a nice combo. 8-)

Anything light that doesn't require a slack line fall.

Split shot rigs, soft jerk baits, a finesse jig rod, maybe a wacky rig rod.

I enjoyed fishing wacky rigs on a baitcasting setup this past year. While senko type baits aren't terribly light, they aren't terribly heavy either. Especially the smaller worms rigged wacky.

This is probably the perfect wacky worm rod.

My first thought was wacky rigging senkos with 12 or 14 fluorocarbon line.  What ever your current range for pitching a wacky rigged senko is, you've just extended it a good 20 feet.  That's a cool new toy you got for relatively cheap.  Have fun with it.

That's a great deal on a great rod ghoti. My friend is obsessed with those rods. That's kind of an odd model for a baitcasting rod. I would probably use it for topwaters like someone else suggested but I imagine it would work for finesse stuff too.

That rod and reel are garbage... You should send the set up to me and I can properly dispose of it for you... ;D

Thanks ib. I knew somebody here would have my back. ;D ;D

Sounds like we're all thinking along the same lines. I got into wacky jiggin at the end of last season, and this might be just the rod for that app.