Sign in to follow this  
Kowen117

Swimbait rod

i use a 7'6'' mh baitcaster with a diawa megaforce reel with 20 lb braid but i was thinking of going to a 20-25 lb flourocarbon is this a good setup if not any tips would be great thanks

Depends on the weight of the baits you will be using.

Example..guys that throw the heavier baits, 5oz and up will use 35-30lb mono.

I use 55lb braid with a 12 fluro leader for 2 oz and lighter baits, if your going to be using the lighter baits, the 20lb fluro will work fine.

Haha..I use that line, like many others here.  Also, I tossed up to 2 oz swimbaits with yozuri's 12 lb line..never had a problem. But that was in open water.

Good choice. :D

use some 12# P-LINE CXX , will hold up well with baits in that weight range . probably alot  more manageable than that yo-zuri !!!! if you want to use floro , use leaders on some 30 lb. power pro , alot cheaper in the long run  :D

Have you ever used Yozuri ultrasoft..?  It's very manageable..that's only 1 reason why alot of us use it.. :D

use some 12# P-LINE CXX , will hold up well with baits in that weight range . probably alot more manageable than that yo-zuri !!!! if you want to use floro , use leaders on some 30 lb. power pro , alot cheaper in the long run ;)

i used 6 lb. YO-ZURI ulta soft and that stuff is a nightmare , as far as using it again , no thanks . at the tackle store i go to , hardly anyone uses it . that stuff is waaay too stretchy and coils up big time , makes CXX feel like TRILENE XL  ;D ;D ;D