Sign in to follow this  
Triton21

Michell 310XGE

I bought one of these at the Hazelwood MO Cabelas store.  I wanted it for an ultralight farm pond reel.  I got it home and spooled one spool and took it off and put the spare spool on to put line on also.  Noticed that the spool flopped around on the shaft like a chicken with a broke neck.  looked at the schematic and saw the click gear and a plastic washer was missing from shaft.  Scrounged around in the shag carpet for about 20 minutes and found the missing parts.  The parts have no means of being retained onto shaft.  I can image changing spools in waist high weeds and trying to find parts if they fell off.  I called Cabelas(store is 2hr 45 min drive) and they are going to exchange for my choice reel.  Poorly engineered Michell reel and great Cabela's Customer service.

Kelley

I have a Mitchell 308Xe on my "travel" rod and it has been problem free. Although, I haven't had a reason to swap spools so that may change.  :)

Hmmmm.......I thought these reels might be nice.......but not now.  This is another reason I love this site.  Good to know these things BEFORE a person buys and finds out the hard way.  Thanks for the tip.  Sorry about your experience though.  At least you found out BEFORE being in waist high weeds and having this happen. :)

Hmmmm.......I thought these reels might be nice.......but not now. This is another reason I love this site. Good to know these things BEFORE a person buys and finds out the hard way. Thanks for the tip. Sorry about your experience though. At least you found out BEFORE being in waist high weeds and having this happen. :)

They're not terrible reels, but there are probably better reels in the same price range. I picked mine up for $15 in the clearance section of my local Walmart, otherwise I wouldn't have bought it.