Sign in to follow this  
eyedabassman

Kistler Magnesium TS ?

Anyone have any input om this rod? I am looking for a jig rod. I will take look at the Bass Pro Carbonlite but I came across this Kistler.

I have three Magnisium TS rods, but I don't have a jig rod. I have a crankbait rod, a spinnerbait rod, and a finesse spinning rod and they are all very nice. Kistler also has great customer service as I found out recently when a rod I ordered was damaged in shipping.

I have the All Day Flipping and Pitching Stick and I love it. I use it for jigs and frogs.

I was looking for a 7' Mh for fin. jigs. Not so much for flippin. :-/

that's fine, i just meant to say which model I had and how much I liked it.

that's fine, i just meant to say which model I had and how much I liked it.

How are the tips on these rods? Do they have them printed on the rod as fast ,xfast tips? Because all rods are not the same as far as tip speeds.

mine does not have an action printed on it. Mine has a fairly soft tip on it which I prefer for frogs but also works well with my jigs.

They have fast actions but it varies within the series.  I have a 7'MH small swimbait/senko special and a 7'H jig/toad/c-rig and I like the H much more.  The MH is ok for smaller contact baits but feels a bit weak above 1/2oz, contact or spinner baits.  It also has a slower action than the H, not too noticeable but slower non the less.  The H excels with 1/4-3/4 t-rigs and jigs, it's strong but not a broomstick.   

They have fast actions but it varies within the series. I have a 7'MH small swimbait/senko special and a 7'H jig/toad/c-rig and I like the H much more. The MH is ok for smaller contact baits but feels a bit weak above 1/2oz, contact or spinner baits. It also has a slower action than the H, not too noticeable but slower non the less. The H excels with 1/4-3/4 t-rigs and jigs, it's strong but not a broomstick.

That's what I am looking for in a jig rod. I will have to take a look at the H action.

The 7ft Mag-Worm Carolina rig special Hvy or the New model is the 7ft Jig-Toad Carolina Rig rod basically the same rod are awesome Jig rods and fairly priced.  Not a broomstick like most Hvy action rods they have just enough tip to load up on a 3/8 oz or larger Jig-Pig and you can feel the fish look at your jig.  IMO the best one I have found so far and ive used alot of different makers from BPS to Customs :)