Sign in to follow this  
set_the_hook

American Rodsmiths Team Series

Im looking on possibly getting an American Rodsmiths Denny Brauer Wrecking stick. Has anyone one here held one before to give me a little insight? Or has anyone used any of their other Team Series rods?

I just got a couple Team series and haven't had the chance to get them on the water yet. What I can tell you just by holding it is they are EXTREMELY well made. I don't have the new grip but the cork on mine is top of the line and the guides are fantastic. I've did some in house sensitivity tests and it appears to be very sensitive as well. It's not close to my Carrot Stix in weight but it isn't heavy either. I put a Curado 200E on it and it balances just above the foregrip. I've got a friend out on the water testing a couple out as we speak and can't wait to hear back from him later today.

I have one coming, and I can't wait to get it! I've heard nothing but good on this line of rods. Mine's getting a Revo S, and will be my primary jig setup.

Tackletour has some good interviews with American Rodsmiths president and some other articles. My friend got back to me and the @$$ didn't use the rods. Apparently he was runing late this morning and didn't have time to switch his reels over. :D

Like I said before though, these are some of the finest put together rods I've seen so far as a angler. Every little test I've done for sensitivity has resulted in tons of vibrations being resonated down the rod. The fuji guides they used on mine are amazing IMHO, and the craftsmanship of the rod looks great. For me I only wish it was split grip and possibly weighed less. With that said the carrot stix weight can spoil you something fierce on the weight issue. However the build quality of the carrots just aren't holding up for the long haul so I won't be buying any more of them. The American Rodsmiths rod on the other hand I can tell is going to last me for years.