Sign in to follow this  
zacksdad

Opinions needed on Daiwa rod

Hi guys. I am looking at buying a Daiwa Cielo 7ft. heavy with fast action. The rod will in be used for casting 1/2 or 5/8 oz. jigs in and around the natural coontail filled waters of the Northeast.Does anyone have experience with this rod? Any other ideas? This rod is on sale at TW for a pretty good savings. Thanks in advance for replies.

Im not sure a bout heavy maybe a medium heavy will do how thick is the coon tail?

I have some other med heavy  rods that I use in some situations. I would also use this as a pitching and frog rod. It would be the only heavy action rod that I have. The coontail is pretty thick in most of the

ponds that I fish, however, the depth is rarely more

than  15 feet.

Ok if you buy it let me know im looking for a heavy action rod for flippin mats and swimbaits

I prefer Daiwa's salt water rods to thier freshwater. That said, it's all subjective, just mo. I don't know the price of that Diawa, but i just got a new jig rod made by Kistler. An Alton Jones magnesium jig special. 6' 10" casting, fast action, medium heavy power. Fuji blank, exposed reel seat, Fuji hardloy guides. A wonderfully balanced stick. I bet you could even toss medium sized swim baits with it. It cost somewhere around $109. Good luck in your search.

For jigs of that weight in vegetation, go for the heavy. I haven't used one of the Cielos but they look like nice rods.