Sign in to follow this  
Captain Obvious

Gun Smoke SiC guides

Anyone know anything about these guides? Been looking at a rod that has these on them just wanted some info

Sics are excellent guides.You will typically find them on Higher end rods. The Gunsmoke refers to the color of the fames. the SiC is the name of the material of the ring. Silicon Carbide.

For those who can afford them, they are practically the cream of the crop for guides.

Sics are excellent guides.You will typically find them on Higher end rods. The Gunsmoke refers to the color of the fames. the SiC is the name of the material of the ring. Silicon Carbide.

For those who can afford them, they are practically the cream of the crop for guides.

X2  These are only the expensive rods worth over $150 because SIC is the best guide insert material available right now.  however, you don't really need this guide unless you're going to fish braided line.

Sic is harder than Alconite but you don't need sic to fish braid. Alconite guides are the best bang for your buck guide wise IMO. ;)

Sic is harder than Alconite but you don't need sic to fish braid. Alconite guides are the best bang for your buck guide wise IMO. ;)

true I agree that Alconite is the best bang for your buck.

Sweet cause the rod I'm buying sells for $100 and I get another one free The only thing I was concerned about was the guides but if there great quality stuff I'm good