Sign in to follow this  
SuthernHaze

t-rig/shaky head rod

I use 1/8oz and 3/16oz slip sinkers on my t-rigs and 3/16 shaky heads. I have decided this is going to be my only application specific set-up because it is my favorite technique. It will have an Abu Garcia Revo STX on it and don't mind spending around 250 on the rod. I currently am using a 7' MH cheapo from walmart. I would like to not go any longer than that. Many places I have seen are using M or ML for shaky heads and light T-rigs but I have always used MH and been successful so I assume that is fine.

LET THE SUGGESTIONS POUR IN. lol

Definitely look for a Loomis BCR803 GLX on the forum. If you like longer rods then go with the 853.

They can be had on average for around $250.

I throw both on a Dobyns 733 , 1/8oz baits can be a little difficult to cast with an STX so I have a Premier on mine, but manage to do quite well.

If I were not throwing baits over 1/4oz and only throwing smaller worms , I would go with my Dobyns 702.  But if you're throwing 6" senkos and 10" worms but just with a light weight, then I'd go 733.

i really like my shimano cumara, but its 7 foot 2 in, but they make it in i want to say 6 foot 8 in.