Sign in to follow this  
new2BC4bass

Shimano 200bsf questions.

What is it?   ;D ;D

I see one for sale at what appears to be a good price, but I can't find a review of the reel.  Or much else besides a couple for sale on ebay.  Can I assume it is a Curado?  When were they made?  How's the drag?  Will it fish 1/4 oz. and under lures?  Quality?  Gear ratio?  ETC. ETC.

Thanks in advance.

It is a Curado "super free."  I think all the SF models were 6.3-1 but I am not positive.  These are the original green Curados and were the workhorse of the line for some time.  It is the "wide" spool but the spool isns't that wide.  This reel will do it all, flippin, pitchin, cranks, braid, you name it.  It's most likely going to be at least 5 years old so look out for a worn out reel if you do the ebay thing.  If it's a left over NIB 80 bucks would be a decent price.  Steelheaders in my area love them and pay top dollar for good ones. :-?

It is the curado of two iterations ago, the predessor to the Curado D. The "B" was its designation and the SF stands for super free.

It is still a decent and quite well loved reel. They can be had for about 80 dollars give or take. It will handle 1/4 lures with ease. You might encounter some work with less weight, but hey, most non light weight lure specific casting reels aren't going to fare any better until you get to the Chronarch/Pixy/Sol class anyway.

Unlike its D or E sisters it does NOT have the HE gearing but it doesn't mean it's a lousy reel. I have one and they're awesome reels. I believe its drag is somewhere between 10-12 lbs which is acceptable to me.

Here is a review of it http://www.tackletour.com/reviewcuradosf.html

It is a Curado "super free." I think all the SF models were 6.3-1 but I am not positive. These are the original green Curados and were the workhorse of the line for some time. It is the "wide" spool but the spool isns't that wide. This reel will do it all, flippin, pitchin, cranks, braid, you name it. It's most likely going to be at least 5 years old so look out for a worn out reel if you do the ebay thing. If it's a left over NIB 80 bucks would be a decent price. Steelheaders in my area love them and pay top dollar for good ones. :-?

That reel doesn 't have a wide spool, it has the normal width spool for that model but shallower and drilled.