Sign in to follow this  
new2BC4bass

Seeking information on Shimano 200 BSF.

What I've learned so far is the SF stands for 'Super Free'.  E is their latest series.  B's were out in 2001, at least.  I'm still researching for a reel to use with light line and lures.  There is one of these for sale at what may be a good price.  Anyone know what a 200 BSF in good shape is worth?  Would it work as part of a light lure/line outfit?  Any other information greatly appreciated.  Gear ratio?, etc.  Thanks.

In good condition 80-90 dollars ( with box ), mint condition 100-120 ( with box ), the reel originaliy sold for 150. For being so realiable and because it 's still a sought after reel prices aren 't as cheap as you can expect.

In the B series the super free was only available in the 100B size and in the 200BSF; 200B, 200B5, 200B38 are not super free.

The reel is a 200 size with a shallower further lightened spool ( wiffle spool ) and had some cosmetic differences, lighter more metalic green paint job and golden metal tension knob cap.

Very good reel, I used to own one but is not a light line/lure reel, casts great 1/4 oz up. So being so good why I sold mine ? oh well, the Chronarch BSF that took it 's place is ..... yummi !  :D

Thanks, Raul.  So it's not the reel I'm looking for using on my UL outfit.  Problem is I doubt you can ever have enough reels.   ;D   May have to buy it anyway if it is still available when I get the funds.  However, I want to pick up a Revo STX first for hauling bass out of the pads and grass.  This 200 BSF will probably be gone by then.   :'(