Sign in to follow this  
BC

Which Clarus?

Folks - need some advice.  Pretty set on buying a new Clarus casting rod.  I'd like to be able to throw deep cranks from time to time, but I don't do a lot of it, and budget doesn't allow to buy a bunch of rods right now.  So, versatility would be nice.  I know that no rod can do it all.

Looking at the 7'Clarus, in M/Medium Fast, M/Fast and MH/Fast.  What do you think of these 3?

Thanks,

BC

You want versatility ?  get the M Fast, I know those rods because I have some, don 't use them much except for the 6 '6" H but I 've never even considered selling them because you are not going to beleive me but I like them.

The MH has the subtle action of a pool cue, great for jigging/worming/ spinnerbaiting but too stiff for cranking.

The M/ medium fast is a little bit more on the medium than on the fast side, good for cranks but not exactly what I would like for jigging/worming/spinnerbait ( a little too forgiving ).

The M/ fast has a very powerful blank but not to the point that it 's too powerful for cranks and not too noodly for jig/worm/spinnerbait duty.

My 6'6" MH fast Clarus is the one rod I cannot switch out of my hitting order. Ultimate versatility.

Works great for basically anything for me with old fashioned 15# Big Game.

Especially good for spinnerbaits.

I went with the M/F, since I already had a couple other MH rods.  Seems like it will be a nice crisp rod.  Thanks for the suggestions!