Sign in to follow this  
new2BC4bass

Can anyone tell me about the Fenwick Techna AV casting rods?

All I can find is that they are made with new Fenwick technology. What is Aramid Veil shield? I think I still need a rod for pad and weed fishing. This rod is listed as a $220 rod, but can be got for $115. This is for the 7' MH/Fast model only, far as I can tell. Ad says it is rated for 3/8-1-1/2 oz. lures and 10-25 lb. line.

I already have an Airrus Ultra XL 7' MH/Fast 12-25 lb. line, 3/8-3/4 oz. lure rod. Would I be getting 2 rods capable of filling the same fishing duties? I still need a rod for fishing pads and weeds. Would this rod fill the bill better than the Airrus? I would be fishing mostly unweighted worms and frogs.

Thanks.

EDIT:  I should mention that I am new to baitcasting, and that the Airrus will have a reel mounted on it tomorrow for the first time (while in my possession).  I have no baitcasting experience whatsoever.

I have this rod and can tell you for $115 you ought to jump all over this...It is a very sensitive rod and weighs about 4.1oz on my scale which is pretty light for a 7'MH rod.I use this rod for "feel" baits like TR,CR etc...

Do a search this has been discussed before

T

I did a search. Apparently not very well as your answer gave the best information. Hopefully there will still be one left when I get the money. They only had 17 left last time I checked.

Edit:  Will it compliment my Airrus?  I think so from your description of how you use your rod.