Sign in to follow this  
Fish Fast

$160 pricepoint...best sensitivity?

Is there anything out there that beats the St. Croix Avid for sensitivity with plastics.  I am looking for a spinning rod.  Will be targeting smallmouths with plastics...mostly finesse presentations.  Was fired up to buy a g. loomis but just cant get myself to spend the money on a glx series....dont have the patience to wait for the one I wanted.  Besides, i tested a bunch out at gander mtn. and couldn't tell a huge (i.e $250 difference) difference in feel. 

Let me know what you think!

I like them alot, I have 3 right now. I have a few Legend Tournaments as well, and when I pick up one of the Avids I don't feel there is much of a drop off.

I've never used the avid series so I can't compare anything to them, but 1 of the best rods for sensitivity I have found is citrus sticks.  They a new company and other people that have used more expensive rods have compared it to Gloomis GLX as far as feel and sensitivity.  Worth a look for 155$ its the most sensitive rod I have used.

Thanks fellas...keep it coming.  The citrus sticks sound good but I am not sure I could get my hands on 1.....and its hard to beat the st. croix lifetime warranty with the avids.  Do the citrus sticks have a lifetime warranty too?

Thanks fellas...keep it coming. The citrus sticks sound good but I am not sure I could get my hands on 1.....and its hard to beat the st. croix lifetime warranty with the avids. Do the citrus sticks have a lifetime warranty too?

not sure exactly where you are in Michigan, but I am a prostaffer in Iowa and there is another pro-staffer in pickering ontario, which looks like a couple hour drive from Detroit.  Long drive to Iowa unfortunately, but we are the closest to you.

This is taken right off the website.

Although your Citrus Stick should give you many years of enjoyment; we understand that things happen.  BCS Customs is proud to offer a limited lifetime warranty on the Citrus Stick against manufacturer defects. 

If you find that your rod needs service or repair, simply package the rod and return it to the address below with $20 shipping and handling.  We will inspect your rod to determine the cause of the breakage and/or service needed.  If determined that the damage is a manufacturer defect we will gladly replace the rod at no cost to you (excluding shipping and handling).  If the damage is determined to be anything other than manufacturer defect a quote for repair will be provided to you.

We also offer "Putting the Squeeze on em" warranty.  This is a no questions asked warranty.  Slam the rod in your rod locker, break off the tip getting a snag out, or even run over it with your truck.  It doesn't matter; we will replace your rod. 

Here's how it works:

Simply give us a call or fill out the warranty claim in the BCS Customs Store.  We will charge your credit card $50 for the rod + $20 shipping and handling.

We will send you the same model rod in a return postage pre-paid tube. 

Once you receive your new rod, put the damaged rod in the same packaging and ship it back to us within 30 days to avoid being charged the full amount of the cost of the rod

Another one to consider is B & R Outlaw rods which is a very good rod in that price range.