Sign in to follow this  
The Rooster

Cabela's Prodigy rod question

I was looking at the Cabela's Prodigy rods in their catalog.  The tips shown in the picture look incredibly thin like they might break easily under just normal usage.  I do not live close to a Cabela's store so I can't just go check them out.  Just wondered if anyone here owns one of them and has this same thought about them or has seen or heard of any of them breaking off easily. 

I didn't feel really great about them when I handled them in the store. I didn't really notice the tip as being unusually thin. I don't really like the foam split grips. I prefer a full cork, so that was turn off, but it is a plus for others, so that is a matter of opinion.

That said, it seems like most people who buy them like them, just based on the ratings I have seen. I have not heard of any issues with breaking.  It is in that extremely competitive $100 range though, and I think I would have make a different choice for that money.

they should be pretty good rods , Reaction Strike makes them , and before someone starts , i know their baits suck , but their muskie rods are really good , was gonna use one of their blanks for a swimbait rod (still might later on) but to get the blank , was gonna be a hassle i didn't want to take . anyhow , if your wondering about their rods , i would say they are legit ......

I bought two when they were on sale for 1/2 off, great rods for that price but I wouldn't buy them at full cost , better 100.00 rods out there.

I bought one half off as well. I love the sensitivity and how it feels! I guess i am the opposite of Nine Miler

Overall its just a great rod for $50, but again if i was in the $100 i would go with a fenwick