Sign in to follow this  
blown_97gt

Abu garcia cardinal 102 clicking?

I just bought one today, and it has a little clicking noise i here when reeling. Took it apart and didn't notice anything, anybody have this issue? Is it normal or should i take it back?

none !!! i have 10 lb. Power Pro on it ( i put a 3-4 ft. leader of 6 lb. CXX on it ) and use it for dropshotting , weightless plastics , stick baits , crappie fishing , trout fishing , and bluegill fishing . i use it every time i go out fishing and it is very smooth , i'm very happy with this reel . i might purchase another some day soon as i want to have a spinning rod made for me soon and i will put on of these on it ;)

none !!! i have 10 lb. Power Pro on it ( i put a 3-4 ft. leader of 6 lb. CXX on it ) and use it for dropshotting , weightless plastics , stick baits , crappie fishing , trout fishing , and bluegill fishing . i use it every time i go out fishing and it is very smooth , i'm very happy with this reel . i might purchase another some day soon as i want to have a spinning rod made for me soon and i will put on of these on it ;)

X 2. I have a 101 and a 102 and they're smooth as butter.

I have had that happen with a Mitchell (made by Pure fishing). In my case, the oscillating slider has side to side play. If this is the case, the main shaft should wiggle a bit, and the clicking noise will occur when the spool is closest and farthest from the rotor during reeling. Hope it makes sense, and this is probably only one of 100 problems that can cause clicking. the reel is still useable, but annoying.