Sign in to follow this  
fishinghusker

Revo SX + Vendetta 6'6 MH rod

I just picked up the Revo SX with a Vendetta 6'6 MH rod at Scheels for 169.99. The guy also threw in a sweet(though probably somewhat cheap) Abu Garcia windbreaker/rain jacket, and it comes with Wiley Polarized glasses. I think it's a pretty kick butt set-up, looks great, and the reason I picked this one up was because of the 7.1:1 gear ratio. Now, I plan on using this for buzzbaits, plastics, spinners and jerk baits, and the only reason I got a 6'6 rod is because it fits much better in my car, and I don't have a boat to keep it in all the time. Is the 6'6 rod going to hold me back from anything? Should I have gone 7', or will I be ok using a 6'6 rod for all of that stuff. I do remember watching a Rick Clunn video where he talks about how he doesn't really care much for the difference in size, as you learn a certain "feel" to every bait with one specific rod, so more than one rod size is somewhat obsolete. I don't know how many of you are believers in that, but I'm just wondering if it will still be able to do everything I want from it with just a 6'6 rod.

Thanks

Stephen

You picked up the combo for that price? You just got a free rod. The reel cost 169.99 at BPS, that's an awesome deal