Sign in to follow this  
RippinLips86

Thoughts and Experiences

There's a couple anglers on here that use it. I've used Elite, Siege and the braid.

With the braid, I use 20# on spinning gear and its performed very well for me (with the exception of subfreezing temps for obvious reasons). I also have one baitcaster spooled up with 50# but I haven't used it enough to say yet.

With the mono's, I prefer Siege over the Elite. In my experience, Elite has more memory than Siege does (I seem to remember someone else experiencing the same results but can't remember who it was). I'm using 8# (on spinning gear), 10, 14, 17 and 20# (on baitcasters). I find them easy cast and abrasion resistant. Great line IMO!

Yah I had the 12 siege on my Pflueger Echelon. Didn't do too bad just wanted the opinion its hard to find in California.

Tackle Warehouse carries it!  :)  Dick's Sporting Goods is 10 minutes away from me, that's where I usually get mine. Anxious to give their fluro a shot (I'll have to order it on line though).

I feel the Sufix line is an improvement over the Trilene XL and XT lines that I used for so long.

Sufix Elite > Trilene XL

Sufix Seige > Trilene XT

The Elite is my favorite mono, and I often use it for moving baits that could benefit from a little stretch.

I don't use abrasion resistant mono like XT or Seige anymore, instead I'll opt for fluoro or copoly.