Sign in to follow this  
MojoGarcia

New symtre versus White stradic

Hey guys. Can you help me out. thinking about getting the older white stradic versus the New green symtre in 2500. Who ever has experience with these reels, please let me know.

I've got a symetre on my tube rod, great reel. A friend of mine had two of the white stradics and they both had bail spring problems. The bail would automatically close mid cast screwing everything up. They have got that fixed on the new stradics. :)

I don't think I've ever had the bail on my white stradic close unless I hit it with my hand accidentally.

I don't think I've ever had the bail on my white stradic close unless I hit it with my hand accidentally.

Same here.  I've had two.  Solid reel.

Same here. I've had two. Solid reel.

thirdsies.

I would get the new version of the Symetre verses the older Stradic. The main reason is the new angled spool lip that Shimano is now using manages line better than the old system which will allow you longer cast and less tangled line.

The bail occassionally trips prematurely on my white Stradic, but not as often as my less expensive Daiwa Exceler.  I tend to "snap" cast pretty hard when I'm trying to get extra distance.  The white Stradic has been very reliable for me. 

I have the white Stradic, no problems to speak of.

But my latest reel was a symetre, and I love it. I would recommend it over the older white stradic.