Sign in to follow this  
YeahSure

Shimano Cumara Spinning Rod

I'm looking to purchase a nice spinning rod for my father that's going to be a good all around rod for tossing things like weightless plastics all the way up to small cranks and flukes and things of that sort. I was looking at the Shimano Cumara spinning rods, can anyone recommend me a nice all around model?

I have a 7'2" Cumara medium.  Love it in every way except its length.  Just too long for me. Casts like a bandit and while the tips a bit lite Ive had no trouble setting a hook using a fluke.  With a Stradic CI4 its heaven made for throwing weightless trick worms.

I have the 6' 8" Cumara medium light spinning rod and it is my favorite out of all the rods I own!  I use it for drop shots, shakeys, weightless plastics, and small topwaters.  I bought it specifically for drop shot, but discovered that it is an extremely versatile rod for all sorts of things.  It also makes a second to none walleye rod for jigging and casting grubs.  Several family members have used it and they don't ever want to give it back!

Highly recommended!

I have a 7'2" Med heavy Cumara and I love it.  Used it for shakey head, small jerk baits, weightless plastics, and drop shots.  It has a nice tip and enough back bone to drive a hook home in 25-30 ft of water, plus lifetime warranty

I got the 6'8" medium fast action Cumara spinning rod for my birthday today and it is beautiful.

Even my wife, who got it for me, said it was very lightweight.

Suggest you strongly consider getting one.  :)

wow i was all hyped up reading this then i saw the price... after i caught my breath i decided. this is too rich for my poor blood..

i am on the market for 7' spin rod that i can use for weightless worms, small cranks, small jigs, and flukes.. i like a MH but with a moderate to moderate fast tip (for casting distance) any tips and or advice on something atleast half that price? 50-120 bucks is my range

For a moderate action I think you'll have to look at a rod for walleye or inshore popping.

I think i've settled on getting the 6'8" Med  for him, but the only thing im deciding now is whether the fast tip or the extra  fast tip would be the better choice.. anyone?

I have the medium, fast , and would recommend that rod over the xf. for an all around rod the fast action will be better. If he fishes cranks, topwaters, things like that, the slower action will serve him better. and I agree with the others that this will be a great rod that he will enjoy using.