Sign in to follow this  
lsufan334

BPS Cranking Stick

Hey guys i am looking into the 7'6" MH/Fast for my deep cranks (14' plus) has anybody tried the bps cranking stick.  seems like a good deal for 69.99

That's what I have right now for deep cranks. It works very well. If you can wait till they go on sale it would be a better buy.

Me too. I have the 7'6"mh Crankin' Stick with a 5.2 ratio ProQualifier for deep cranks. I got the rod when it was on sale a few months ago for $59. It feels/works great on some test runs but it's still too early in the year for deep-cranking so I haven't given it a real work-out yet...

Are the sale rods last year's model? If so, I'd say jump on it. I tried the 2010 model, and ended up returning it. No question they're lighter, but the actions are way too fast and stiff for my liking. I have an '09 7 footer, and I can't say enough good things about that rod. Wish I had a couple more. BPS is way off track with the evolution of their "Crankin'" series rods. I'm still a firm believer the best crankbait rods they ever marketed were the old e-glass "Crankin' Power Pro" models.

I think BPS rods are great value rods.  Like Burley, I wouldn't ever buy them a full price though.  They go on sale multiple times a year.  Pick one up then and you'll be happy.  Pay full price and you likely could've done better.

A good rod, but the All Star David Fritts model is better quality and still only about $100.