Sign in to follow this  
via

Need rod suggestions

hey guys, im looking for a baitcast rod that can cast weightless lures and also spinnerbaits.  my price range is from $100 to $200.  Thanx for any suggestions. 

Kinda left the door open a bit! I dont know about you but I prefer 6'6"-7' rods. All my rod purchases in the past 2 yrs have been St. Croix Avids, 8 of them. ;D I would reccomend AVC70MF, it fishes almost like a MH but is soft enough to chuck weightless plastics too. If you fish big spinnerbaits like 3/8 and up go with AVC70MHF, this rod is one powerful beast. I use it for stripers with 50 lb braid when it's not my flippin stick. :)

Dobyns 734 Savvy Series . Incredible rod for the price, and will throw both plastics and spinnerbaits flawlessly. It's 7'3" which will help you cast that bait further, and help with your hook sets.

Kistler LTA's and LTX's M or MH are rated for lighter lures on average compared to other rods of the same power.  Ebay is full of LTA's that are new(last years clearance) for $129.99!  I have 2 LTA's and 1 LTX.  Love them!

Shimano Cumara for $199. 

Its a very light rod with lots of backbone and can cast a wide variety of lures.