Sign in to follow this  
Incheon Basser

Mike Iaconelli to Sell Daiwa Rod and Reel Collection on Ebay

May 24th, 2010 - Mike Iaconelli, winner of the 2003 Bassmasters Classic, 2006 Bassmaster Angler of the Year, host of "City Limits Fishing" on Versus television and author of Fishing on the Edge will be placing his entire collection of Daiwa rods and reels on E Bay starting on June 1st "After signing on with Abu Garcia this year, I decided that I would sell my entire collection of Team Daiwa equipment." said Iaconelli. The collection includes both old and new items.

http://www.mikeiaconelli.com/

After seeing how he treats his equipment over the years I would not want anything of his.  ;)

I think that I would keep some of the rods that won some of the major tournies like the classic and make a glass case for it in my trophy room.

I also think it is a smart and practical idea to sell the rest because he can't use this gear anyway any more without negative repercussions. I'd probably give the earnings to charities and the like if I were well enough off to not need the $$.

Go Mike! 8-)

There's already been some of the stuff on there.  I know of at least 3 Steez rods.  They look to be in pretty rough shape with guides missing. I probably would be hard on gear if I fished as much as he & the rest of the pros do.

I don't imagine Mike had to come out of pocket near as much (if any) as I had to for the Steez rod & reels I have. No slam on him meant, just sayin.

it will be intersting to see what kind of true "bargains" they are listed at.  a "buy it now" price.   :-?   

or if we truly get to bid on our own and let the market determine the price.

good to know this is happening though...thanks for the post

After seeing how he treats his equipment over the years I would not want anything of his. ;)

Ha! 'Was thinking the same thing.

After seeing how he treats his equipment over the years I would not want anything of his. ;)

Ha! 'Was thinking the same thing.

Ha! Ha!  I wouldn't pay a dime for any pro's tackle. 

His Basscats from years past are all on sale. He doesnt run a Ranger, and most sponosred pros sell their boats after the season, as they don't get them for free as everyone assumes.