Sign in to follow this  
northern basser

Delaware Valley Tackle gets A+!!!

Recently I sent my Chronarch 50mg to Mike at Delaware Tackle to get "super tuned".  He proceeded to put in some Abec-7 ceramic ball bearings,  Carbontex washers,  new cast control washers and did a general clean & service.

To say I was impressed would be an understatement.  Wow,  it really turned out superb.  Its casts like a dream.  Overall the reel just feels smoother.

When I sent the reel in there really wasn't anything wrong with it.  I was just curious about all the talk of super tuning.  I didn't expect this noticeable of a difference!

I would recommend that anyone thinking of having some work done on their reel should look up Delaware Valley Tackle.

Thanks,    Brett

great to know. i wonder what bearings hes using, the Orange Seal bearings are louder and, IMO, not as smooth as the same steel bearing in the same price range.

They are orange seal.  I requested the ceramics out of curiousity because I had read so much about them.  I did notice a little noise,  but they did feel pretty smooth.

do they do work on low end reels?i had to buy a cheap back up reel and use it  and for a lender from time to time...was thinking off having the reel painted by someone to match my better reels, and then have it  s -tuned by d.v.t

do they do work on low end reels?i had to buy a cheap back up reel and use it and for a lender from time to time...was thinking off having the reel painted by someone to match my better reels, and then have it s -tuned by d.v.t

I dont think youll make a Cadillac out of a jeep with super tuning ;D