Sign in to follow this  
catchnm

Bowning Midas 6'10" Casting Rod

# 6'10"

# Medium Heavy Action

# Line Weight = 10-20lb.

# Lure Weight = 3/8oz. - 1oz.

Experience the silky smoothness of this advanced rod, and you may never pick up another casting stick again. Designed to finesse the world's most challenging waters, a Midas® Boron rod presents the ultimate in lightweight handling, sensitivity and power. Each is built upon a revolutionary 85 million modulus boron matrix blank - blending pure boron, which offers a level of "feel" unmatched by any other material, with high-end graphite fibers for crisp, familiar actions with no hint of brittleness. The resulting hybrid is then fitted with top-grade Fuji® SiC Concept guides, a Fuji graphite reel seat, hand-lathed premium cork handles, and an anodized aluminum winding check and butt cap.

I'm just wondering if anyone knows anything about this rod. Looks like it might be a pretty good one for my new-to-me Curado 200B. The Boron addition has my interest piqued. However, I can get a 6'6" Med. action St. Croix Triumph for the same price.

May I ask what purpose this rig is for? If it's got anything to do with soft plastics/jigs (that's when I feel I need the supersentivity), you might want to go with a 7'+ rod.

Yes soft plastics mainly. I find that I can get the Triumph 7' MH for about the same price as well.

I do not have the 6'10 MH, but I do have the 6'6" med fast Midas.  I find the rod to be very light and balances extremely well with any reel that I have put on it.  It is, in fact, my favourite rod.  However, I do use it primarily for jerkbaits and shallow cranks.  I have used it for soft plastics and find the senstivity good.  I do not know what impact the boron has in the feel of the rod.  I have read that boron is a dense material, and if used, is often used sparingly in order to save weight.

Depending on the price, I would recommend the 6'6" med fast.  I don't know if that helped. 

I always liked browning rods. The first rod I ever got was a browning. I still have a browning rod I use but I dont buy them anymore because I prefer the warranty on Loomis and Shimano stuff. But I still really like Browning rods and if I lived close to a Bass Pro where I could return one if needed I would have more. I also got a browning reel and they are nice as well. I cant speak for other rods but Browning rods are nice for sure.