Sign in to follow this  
trevor

The best service I have ever experienced

I bought an Ardent XS1000 new in box from a eBay seller (not an eBay store, just a normal guy) a few months ago. I love the reel, and it has a 3 year warranty. I assumed the warranty would be void since I am not the original owner. The other day, I figured I'd just incase. I emailed them and told them how much I love the reel, explained the situation, and asked if the warranty was void. I said I would completely understand if it was. Behold, I got an email back saying the 3 year warranty will still apply, just send in the warranty card! Now that is service! :)

I have several Ardents and love them. I had a problem with a handle several years ago while the reel was under warranty. The knob came off the handle while casting. (?)

The paperwork that came with the reel stated you must return the reel for warranty work. I e-mailed them and asked if I could return just the handle, not the entire reel. Their response was " yes return just the handle ".  I don't remember how long it took exactly but I had a new handle in less than two weeks. Their customer service from my experience is excellent....................Al

I have nothing but good words for Penn too. I had an old Peer 209 that the tackle store guy dropped while respooling it with new line. The levelwind broke off and scooted across the store floor. The tackle shop sent it back to Penn to repair at their expense. Penn replaced the reel rather than repair it and did so at no charge! This reel was at least 15 years old! Now I call that unbeatable service!

That's wonderful !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I detect sarcasm.

I wouldn't think so, Bass Brat gave thumbs up in the message icon.

But that is some good news.

Yea its good to hear that some companies still have good customer service. Somewhat off the topic, a couple years ago I broke where the latch fastens on to my plano 737 tacklebox, and plano sent me a whole new box, no charge  :)