Sign in to follow this  
lynyrdsky1

Wright and Mcgill......

Ive got a fiberglass skeet reese crankin stick and i am starting to become un happy with it. Ive looked at other crankin sticks now and the only thing i can think that is heavier is the cheapest KVD crankin sticks. I thought it was a good buy for awhile since it was cheaper and a guy at bass pro told me get it instead of a St. Croix but i think that was a mistake.

From my experience with rods and reels, you get what you pay for.  This is the reason i save up for a while so i can get a little bit more expensive rods and reels.  The only rod that is an exception that ive owned is a abu garcia vendetta.

I always have the problem of getting impatient so if i dont have enough money to get what i want or its not in stock i end up just getting something else which always tends to not workout as well  but there has been exceptions

check out the vendetta rods, they are cheaper then the low end st.croix and id say they are just as good as a mojo or premier.  If you really want to save up then get a st.croix avid.  I love my avid.

I was looking at a premier the price tag on the avids just seem to much for me.

I have a buddy who's dad has a Premier cranking rod, and he really liked it.  He then bought himself an Avid cranking rod, both are good rods.  The Premier is light and has a nice actio to it.

For cranking you dont need a $200+ rod, a premier will easily get the job done.  Just put good high quality florocarbon line on the spool and you should be fine.

For cranking you dont need a $200+ rod, a premier will easily get the job done. Just put good high quality florocarbon line on the spool and you should be fine.

X2.

This may be changin the question a bit but would a premier work for cranking, carolina, and spinnerbait?

probably not unless you were making this a deep crank rod.  Even then you would want to change the line for each different technique.  you want light line for deep cranks to get them down to there depth and you want heavier line for spinnerbaits.