Sign in to follow this  
FishinTN

Powell Rods power question

Hey guys, How does the powell rods rate in their power ratings. (was that confusing?) OK, the abu's veritas seem a little stiffer than they rate them, Lamiglass excel maybe slightly under what their rated. So how does the powell's rate? (was that better)

I already bought a rod,aint got here yet. Now I'm curious about that. I got the 682cef for jerkbaits and flukes, wondering would the 683cef be better?

Id go with a 703CB over a 683. I have a 682 and a 703 glass.

To me the ratings are ideal with Powell, and all other rods are compared to them. In other words, I think of Powell as "just right" in terms of ratings, so I judge others as being one way or the other with that in mind.

Guess that really doesn't answer the question though, huh.

I would say they are a little stiffer than other mh rods I have used. They are a very fast action rod, making them seem a bit stiffer in my opinion. But that works for me, I love the actions of their mh and h rods.

And I would say as to your comparison rods, the Powells are in between the Veritas and the Lamiglas.

Sorry I didnt really answer your question very well. I think their ratings are dead on. The 682 I use for smaller lighter baits, speed traps, LC Staycee's and smaller. The 703 I use for Staycee's and bigger. The 682 is a fine rod, and I think you will find it has alot of back bone for a 2 power.

Thanks guys.