Sign in to follow this  
GrizzerGreen

Got the Veritas!!

Went into Gander Mt. on black friday and picked up the Veritas in 6'6 M. Im gonna use it for spinning and lipless cranks.

Only things I an really saw about it are..

-Lighter than air

-Stronger than steel

-And it looks sexier than....sexy

I have it matched up with a Phlueger Supreme XT

Its easily the lightest set up Ive ever held.

It was easily worth the $100(plus it came with a $20 gift card to Gander Mt.)

If your looking to pick up a new rod I HIGHLY reccomend looking into the Veritas!

I'm glad you're excited about your new rod but come back after you've used it for a year or so and tell us how it's holding up.

I'm glad you're excited about your new rod but come back after you've used it for a year or so and tell us how it's holding up.

Are you saying they don't hold up well?

Yea thats the only question that remains isnt it?

Durability.

I have several friends that fished the Vendetta all year and had no problems. The Veritas is even more durable. Im placing an order for about 8 of em tomorrow.

No.

I thought thats what you implying too haha.

My Vendetta has held up for a year very well.

Does anyone know how these two compare. I'm seeing a rod purchase coming in my new future, and another Vendetta was close to the top of the list. However, I could probably be talked into the Veritas if someone could tell me how much better it is.  ;D

Durability.

I have several friends that fished the Vendetta all year and had no problems. The Veritas is even more durable. Im placing an order for about 8 of em tomorrow.

Sean, I think you were the guy that mentioned that Mike Iaconelli was using one all year. If he hasn't broken it yet, I don't think we have to worry too much.

I must say, though... I set up pretty hard on a 3lber this morning and heard a fairly audible crack. I caught about 15 more with it during the course of the day with no issues (incl a 4lber). maybe some epoxy around an eyelet??  Not sure, but I was a little gunshy for awhile this morning....

Does anyone know how these two compare. I'm seeing a rod purchase coming in my new future, and another Vendetta was close to the top of the list. However, I could probably be talked into the Veritas if someone could tell me how much better it is. ;D

The Vendetta is the least expensive and lowest grade of graphite of the 3, the new Verdict being the highest grade of graphite of the 3 rods. Its lighter and more sensitive then the Veritas and the Vendetta. You will notice a difference between each line of rods. The neat thing about the Verdict is the butt handle is adjustable. I believe it is about $139. The Veritas is much lighter then the Vendetta. That said I still believe the Vendetta is the best rod in that price range, and the same goes for the Veritas. I will own some of each before long.

Durability.

Sean, I think you were the guy that mentioned that Mike Iaconelli was using one all year. If he hasn't broken it yet, I don't think we have to worry too much.

I must say, though... I set up pretty hard on a 3lber this morning and heard a fairly audible crack. I caught about 15 more with it during the course of the day with no issues (incl a 4lber). maybe some epoxy around an eyelet?? Not sure, but I was a little gunshy for awhile this morning....

I am guilty of that. He was also using the other 2 rods Abu has out, the Verdict(should be out soon) and the Veritas. From time to time rods will make some odd sounds. I never worry about it. If it breaks take it in for warranty. Just about all rods can break. Sometimes they can get some damage from shipping, or even poor handling in a store. One thing with Abu Garcia, a Pure Fishing Company, is they take good care of their customers.

My guess is its fine since ya caught so many more fish. Usually if a graphite rod has been compromised it will give with very little pressure. The unique thing on the Veritas not on the other 2 rods is paint. If anything happens be sure and let me know.

yeah i was gunshy at first.  my rod made a little weird noise first couple of hooksets.   kinda had me a little scared.. but still holding strong!

yeah i was gunshy at first. my rod made a little weird noise first couple of hooksets. kinda had me a little scared.. but still holding strong!

Yeah!

It's funny...the first fish I caught on the Veritas was about a five pound snakehead (FYI...a 5lb snakehead fights like a ~7lb bass). Caught two more small bass. No noise. Next trip out...caught a few small bass. Then, I set up pretty hard into what a knew was a decent fish (took my bait with a big boil) and I heard a "crack". It was a 3lber.

I've caught a bunch of fish since then with it since then (pulling some decent fish out of Okeechobee slop) so I don't think it is a structural issue. SeanW might be onto something...these rods are painted. Might be the paint giving a little bit.

Does anyone know how these two compare. I'm seeing a rod purchase coming in my new future, and another Vendetta was close to the top of the list. However, I could probably be talked into the Veritas if someone could tell me how much better it is. ;D

I have mostly revo's with Vendetta's and love this combo

so sent my wife to get another one, but she came back with a Veritas, I said cool - boy was it light, but it didn't feel right with my revo's

But my stepson has one with a new smoke that is very sweet together and very light.

might be my next combo