Sign in to follow this  
DTuck9

Dobyns 805 vs 804?

The 805 RM was specifically designed by Randy McAbee for throwing deep diving crankbaits. I've been throwing the 6xd and Little John Deep Divers on the 805RM for a few months now and absolutely love it. The rod is incredible. That extra power really helps get the hooks into the fish on long casts with the bait down deep!

I just bought the 805cbrm, I had e-mailed dobyns, and richard responded. He said this, if you are going to throw deep divers only or 80% of the time go with the 805. If ya going to throw med. and deep divers go with the 804.

I'm thinking of sending the 805 back to swap for the 804, just cause I think I might like it better, cause I may be using it for med. cranks too, but mostly for deeps. So I'm still up in the air?????

I just bought the 805cbrm, I had e-mailed dobyns, and richard responded. He said this, if you are going to throw deep divers only or 80% of the time go with the 805. If ya going to throw med. and deep divers go with the 804.

I'm thinking of sending the 805 back to swap for the 804, just cause I think I might like it better, cause I may be using it for med. cranks too, but mostly for deeps. So I'm still up in the air?????

I use my 805 RM for Medium Cranks too, without any problems. I do have a 764 RM that I use for shallow cranks as well, but when I want 2 tied on I use the 805 as the back up.