Sign in to follow this  
berkley

what do you recomend

i am going to fish a tornament tomarrow and i dont know what to fish :-[ the water temp is 67 and the water is merkey should i throw a crankbait spinnerbait softplastic jig and what color please help and what way should i fish it

Any of the above mentioned baits in whatever color you choose because you want to catch fish.   ;)

Dirty water or dark days = Dark Colors

Clear water or bright days = Bright Colors

well if your a nonboater  then it depends how the boater if fishing if hes fishing slow then you can have any option you want     but if he is fishin fast    might have to just drag a carolina rig out the back of the boat       i had to do this once this tourney season    actually caught about  5 pounds   doing this          if they are bustin shad id say use a lipless crankbait  but if they are bustin on top the surface use a popper  or a jerkbait

Use search baits (Spinner Bait/Crank Bait/Carolina Rig) to locate the bass and the settle down working the area with slower presentations. As for colors any answer you get will only be a guess, I suggest to start with your favorites and let the bass tell you what they want.

Yes it's a tuff decision but make a tuff decision, you might scare yourself and catch fish   ;)

Wow!  67 degrees in January?!  You must be fishing in Florida.  Telling us where the lake is will shed some light on what stage the fish are in.  If you are indeed in Florida, the lakes are obviously shallow and weedy, and I know the fish spawn very early in the year, but to be honest I'm not sure of the exact cycle.  67 usually says that the fish are in the last stage of the spawn, but I know things are different in Florida.  

i am in louisana and the lake has a electicity plant and the water comes out of the plant and its warm

I wouldn't have any idea about how that warm water effects the bass's spawn cycle, but given the water temp and clarity, I'd probably fish the side of the lake where the water is pumped in, covering water as fast as possible with a shallow crank like the Lucky Craft Rick Clunn RC 1.5 in chartreuce copper and a topwater in the morning such as a gunfish in chartreuse shad.  I'd also have a pitching bait tied on to pick apart cover.  In unknown situations on unfamiliar lakes, I always just try and cover water as fast as I can until I locate a concentration of fish.  Good luck!