Sign in to follow this  
ROCbass

Gander Mountain Rochester NY Closing???

Today while I was home from college for Easter I heard from my dad that the Gander Mtn in Henrietta was closing. He heard this from a friend of his and I was wondering if anyone else had heard this? Whenever I went over the winter it seemed like they had less and less stuff in the store. I thought that maybe they were getting ready to close, but I never heard anything about it and when I was in there last a few weeks ago they had redone their fishing department and seemed to have lots of new stuff, so if this is true I am a little surprised.

It is not closing, this so called rumor pops up every once in a while, mostly started by people who have nothing better to do in life than make stuff up. I know a few guys that work there and they are not closing, in fact they just revamped the entire fishing dept. and restocked it quite well. They always for as long as I can remember seem to have a big stock up in early spring, and it dwindles down through out the season, to the point of beeing pretty bare by the fall/early winter.

You know its weird, I have been living in Rochester my whole life and only went to Gander Mountain once for a knife. Good thing its not closing, I should really start to shop there a little more

It is not closing, this so called rumor pops up every once in a while, mostly started by people who have nothing better to do in life than make stuff up. I know a few guys that work there and they are not closing, in fact they just revamped the entire fishing dept. and restocked it quite well. They always for as long as I can remember seem to have a big stock up in early spring, and it dwindles down through out the season, to the point of beeing pretty bare by the fall/early winter.

Like I said, I was surprised when I heard this, and the only reason I believed it at all was because my dad and the friend he heard it from are not they type who have nothing better to do in life than make stuff up, as you put it. Thanks for confirming that they are not closing.

I have my complaints with the store, but I'd be majorly disappointed--but not shocked--if it happens.