Sign in to follow this  
HOIST-N-HAWGS

In the water by 8:30 am Litterally!!!!

Pre-fished a cape pond yesterday and took a new friend w/me. His 1st time in my jon and it wasn't very long before he descovered 350lb men should never shift their weight and dive overboard in 48* water temps 8:30 am, loaded the jon and proceeded to lauch. As I step in the boat and push off my buddy sitting in the back starts to scream and I just don't understand!!!! I'm standing on one leg, dumbfounded trying to figure out what the heck he's freaking out about? He leans to the left (correct way to lean) He then freaks out and leans to the right(NOT GOOD)! then disides it's best to just go ahead and pull a triple sowcow over the starboard side with one of his rods and new blackberry going with him, as well as myself and one foot of water filling the boat.

I jump towards shore and land on one leg in groin deep water As I turn to back to see if he's OK,still wondering I don't understand happend??? He is now just standing in chest high water hunging himself shivering. "WALK TOWARDS SHORE AND GET OUT OF THE WATER" I exclaim At this point I'm still befuddled as he's running to my truck stripping down to his skivie's dragging the his rod that's hooked to him! As he shivering and trying to warm himself in the truck, I pull everything out of the water and load back up. We're driving back home and within 5 minutes he says "take me to Walmart and I'll buy new cloths, I want to continue to fish":) What a friggin TROOPER So that's exactly what we did, though driving 20 minutes with a 350lb man in just his skivies ain't exactly the prettiest of sights Just kidding my friend! After the initial shock to the both of us, him going over board and me driving w/a semi clad man for 20 minutes we re-launched with his new set of sneakers,sox,underware,sweatpants and shirts around 11:30. I give him all the credit in the world for hanging tough and wanting to go back out on the water after such a bad start. 10 minutes on the water in 20-25 mph winds, he says I smell something burning!!! I look over my shoulder and the wires from the trolling motor are melting w/pretty little puffs of smoke coming from them Blown into shore, I fiddle a bit and we deside that after all the crap we went through, somehow we making the best of the day and staying out. Its always an adventure! managed to land 4 fish in a few hours all around 2-2 1/2lbs and Anthony atleast got to catch one himself. On the plus side nobody got hurt and Anthony's Blackberry started working again on our very uneventful ride back home. Looking forward to our next adventure Anthony!

413wAnthony002.jpg

413wAnthony003.jpg

413wAnthony004.jpg

I'm still laffin about it although it did't seems as funny when it first happened :-/. Whatever it takes to fish Im doin it! A dunk in the drink isn't gonna stop me. I had a great day and can't want to dunk you, JK.  :). If you need a trolling motor just gimmie a call. I mignt not even go out sunday anyway.

I'm not the most graceful 330 pounder out there although Paul said I got high marks for my dive as I was going out of the boat, lmao. What I want to know is how many of you guys would have gone to Walmart and got a complete set of clothes including shoes and gone and fished the day out till almost 5 after going into 40 degree water? Is it stupidity or dedication,lol. I'll take the latter  :)

I'm not the most graceful 330 pounder out there although Paul said I got high marks for my dive as I was going out of the boat, lmao. What I want to know is how many of you guys would have gone to Walmart and got a complete set of clothes including shoes and gone and fished the day out till almost 5 after going into 40 degree water? Is it stupidity or dedication,lol. I'll take the latter :)

I'm not the most graceful 330 pounder out there although Paul said I got high marks for my dive as I was going out of the boat, lmao. What I want to know is how many of you guys would have gone to Walmart and got a complete set of clothes including shoes and gone and fished the day out till almost 5 after going into 40 degree water? Is it stupidity or dedication,lol. I'll take the latter :)

What I want to know is if you got any funny looks clothes shopping at walmart in your underwear  ;D ;D

You still didnt tell us WHY he jumped in the water! :-/

I guess he thought is was better than having to be in a boat with me all day. Though, most wait atleast 3 or 4 hours before making that decision. ::)

Shopping in your underwear...............LMAO :)

I would definitely go buy some new clothes and fish all day since i am limited to the time i get to fish lately.