Sign in to follow this  
CiK

Brookville Lake Indiana - Tournament

I am fishing in a club tournament this weekend, and I hoping I could you get some help. The tournament is on Brookville Lake in Indiana. Here are the expected conditions:

Water clarity = clear

Water temperature = 65F

Water level = at pool

Weather = Sunny & 80 (Will be the 5th straight day of the same weather)

Hatch = Shad, shad, shad, bluegill (the lake is loaded with shad)

The fish are beginning to spawn, or right in the middle of it. I was thinking about starting off with a shad or bluegill colored crankbait or soft plastic (soft jerkbait) in the morning. When, not if   :)   , the bite slows I was then going to switch to shaky head / wacky rigs / flipping & pitching of the same colors with Senko type, finesse worms, or lizards.

Thoughts?

Tony

I fished a top 8 tourny there last weekend and I believe that the majority of these fish have already spawned.  All of the keeper largemouths that we caught were spawned out.  Your tourny will be different than last week in that I was dealing with flooded chocolate water and now the water is back to normal and clear.  The shad were starting to spawn like crazy in the back of the coves, so throwing a crank or spinnerbait in Hanna Creek or Wolf Creek might be a good idea.  also, if the largemouth are not biting well, dont be afraid to target the smallies with shakey heads and tubes by the dam. There are some absolute hog smallies in there. Good luck and let us know how it goes.