Sign in to follow this  
Pieman

Moved and don't know the good local spots

Hello all, Well I am now oficially a Rhode Islander. Not that I wil get a chance to go out and fish with all the work I will be doing on the house this summer but where near Cumberland can a guy get to quick and produce something decent? My neighbor whom has a boat (yes he is first on my get to know you list) said there is a place called stump pond nearby.

Welcome to RI :D The Blackstone river has ramps in Manville as well as Central Falls and at times can produce some quality fish. It's also stocked w/trout In Cumberland and Lincoln in the Spring. From Cumberland head down Nate whipple hwy(I think it's rte 122) towards Attleboro. There are two ponds that the road splits near the end with shore access only. There is also Falls pond in Attleboro (about 5 miles from Cumberland)yet, the North side is gated and charge a $5 fee from Memorial Day- Labor Day, gate is supposed to be open at 7AM, No restrictions. The South side has shore access and a small portage but, has a 3hp restriction, though they may have changed that to no gas motors in recent years, also stocked w/trout Spring and Fall. A stones throw away from Cumberland is Lincoln Woods State Park,(No gas motors)with two entrances: South from Cumberland on Rte 146 to Breaknechk Hill rd, head north on Break Neck and entrance is on your right. If you come to a fork in the road with a small gas station on your right you just passed it. The other entrance is on Twin Rivers rd. This place has produced some hawgs(upto 8lbs) and is also stocked w/trout in the Spring and Fall. East Providence Res. also known as Turner Res, (no gas motors),is a great fishery and splits Newman avenue on the Seekonk/East Providence line. It can be fished w/either an RI or MA fishing license. Orrs pond on rte 123 in Attboro. From Cumberland take Highland Avenue all the way, cross over Washingston St and then Rte 1.(two red lights) Follow until the 3rd red light and stay right at that fork on Rte 123. It will be on your right, you can't miss it, shore access only. Many paths leading to the back ponds. Manchester Res.(Attleboro) shore access only) is an amazing fishery, with SM, LM huge Pickerel and Crappie. Hit me up when you have some free time and I'd be happy to take you out on the jon, do some fishing and show you around.

Thanks H-N-H. I will def take you up on that Jon offer. I hit hopping hill over the weekend with no luck (but had the kiddies with me.) Never done real well at manchester (more than likely not hitting the right spots)