Sign in to follow this  
pabassin

Presque Isle Bay

Heading up to Presque Isle bay for the first time this upcoming weekend, looking for any information anyone can give me, i figured fishing the weed beds, dropshotting, etc will work. Any information on decent areas or locations would be great!  :D

We are about to see how informative this site is. I have never heard of Presque Isle Bay and am curious to see how much information you receive. Anyway I hope you have an excellent trip !!!!

Hopefully that comments make fellow bassers obligated to tell!!!! Thanks HAMMER23!

Heading up there this weekend to. great time to go. fishing weeds? well the bay is almost all weeds, so no matter where you look you will find them. drop shotting will work in the deeped water, try it in the "shoots"( the canal between the bay and the lake. If the lake isn't that bad go out and try some DS.  I would say worms,senko, flukes and the good old tube. the bass should be up on their beds so you will be able to see them. I'll be in misery bay in my Tracker PTX 175( my big boat is down so the tracker is going) where are you going to lauch at. I could tell you some spots. also the mariena bay is also a good spot

Have not been up this year yet but around this time last year we started to pound them. My dad and I had alot of 100 smallie days. Right now they are usually on the edges of the weed lines. If the lake is some what calm look for the transition from weeds to sandy bottom. Down towards the monument side its very obvious , we work 3" twist tails with 1/8 oz. jig heads. You will catch them in the weeds and on the edges. They will soon be working out into the sandy flats to nest up. I would recommend working the area from Niagra launch down to the Monument. If you have any more question , I'll try to help. I see you from Cranberry Twp. im not to far away over in Saxonburg.

Thanks everyone, Im gonna try to fish all over the lake, mainly weed beds and typical techniques that come with weed fishing. Im extremely excited to finally get up there, I have always wanted to catch quality fish, one after another. Has anyone tried to DS along weed edges? i was gonna DS Gulp Alice minnows & Leeches. Any crankbait suggestions? I love to throw RApala DT's.

Pabassin, did you do any good up there?

I was up there Saturday. Got on the water about 5pm and fished till dark. I caught about 30 and my wife caught about 20. No real big ones. Most 14-15 inches long fun to catch. Biggest was 19. Did see some big fish, but couldn't get them to bite. Saw hundreds of fish they were everywhere. But so were the fisherman. I have been going up to PIB on Memorial day weekend for 20 years and I have never seen that many people fishing, I have never seen that many boats any time up there. I would say there were a few hundred boats out there in the bay. At one point I counted 52 boats in Misery bay. Those fish got pounded; I think that was why I could get any big ones to bite. I wonder how many boats were out there mid day?

I didnt get up there, I decided to take the weekend off from fishing and put the new liner in the pool, stain the deck etc, hook up the new pump and get it re-filled which made the wife happy  :D. I took off friday and went to Shenango river lake and fished til like 2 caught about 28, half of which on the DT6 and others on cabin creek spider jigs, tubes, jigs, etc. It was pretty easy to catch them, i bet a dozen of them i caught sight fishing. I think most of the females have spawned already, there are fry everywhere. what did you catch them on up at PIB? I am going up for sure this weekend, what would you recommend for techniques or a gameplan? thanks!

pabassin, I was up at PIB the 15th-17th and the fish were still in 4-8', a buddy was up this week and they are now 2-3' on beds.

I will send you a PM as well.

I caught all mine on senko's in less than 4 foot of water. My wife got a few on tubes, but senko's were what was working the most. and yes they are one their beds big time.

hopefully i will have a good day catching some real fish, im tired of catching 2-3lb's bass