Sign in to follow this  
Big Phish

Spruce Run, NJ

I've been meaning to give this lake a try and I'm looking for some insight from people who have fished it before.  I almost went last weekend but decided against it because its big and I'm extremely lazy and I use a kayak.  Now I hear that they have motorized boat rentals.  Can anyone confirm that they definitely do?  Can I get some some tips on where to fish it and what to use?  I'm particularly interested in walleye and hybrids, as well and LMs and SMs.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.  :D

nobody?

WELCOME.

I know they rent boats there, but not sure about motorized.  Here is the boat rental phone number: (908-638-8234)

Only ever caught Walleye and Hybrids by accident fishing for bass.

There have been numerous discussions about Spruce Run here at BassResource over the Years.  Go to the Search function,

1. type in Spruce Run in Search For

2. stick with Northeast Bass Fishing

3. make sure you change  This Post Was Made In the Last to (all posts).  

You will find some really good information.  

Good luck at SR.  Right now the bass fishing is probably at it's best.  I wish I could go, but no open time in the next month.

thanks.  i didnt even think to search the forums. (duh)

I am just learning the lake been out about 4 times and havn't landed any yet.  I see the bass jumping all around me though.  Zel told me before the point that the boat launch is on and the point across were good.  Here is the link of our thread

http://www.bassresource.com/bass_fishing_forums/YaBB.pl?num=1235720668

yeah thanks i saw that thread like right after i posted this.  I ended up putting in the kayak in and didn't do as well as i had hoped.  I might try round valley next week.

yeah thanks i saw that thread like right after i posted this. I ended up putting in the kayak in and didn't do as well as i had hoped. I might try round valley next week.

Never fished RV but from the talk in the area SR is a great bass lake.  I think Zel would agree.

Spruce run hybrids are great to catch, hella fighters, pretty big, most i have caught or have seen caught are in the 4-8 lb range.  I am a rookie fisherman that is lucky enough to have friends who are avid bass fisherman.  Right now is a great time to catch them as they are very active from late may to early july.  We usually only fish for them with topwater, and only from 11pm to 3 or 4 am.  That is when they seem to usually be feeding.  Do not bother going  if you are a numbers guy, this isn't the right lake, but we usually get a half dozen or so a night.  I have never tried but i have heard they love live herring too!

good luck

hey big fish i have fished spruce run alot and had minimum luck if you really want to know a great place to fish from your kayak you really should try merril creek resi its not to far from spruce run but man let me tell ya it is awesome fishin buddy you will not be disappointed

hey big fish i have fished spruce run alot and had minimum luck if you really want to know a great place to fish from your kayak you really should try merril creek resi its not to far from spruce run but man let me tell ya it is awesome fishin buddy you will not be disappointed

merrill creek is awesome...had a local club tourney there a couple weeks ago and had a 6lb+ smallie come up and grab my tube but i missed the hookset...three fish weighed in over 5lbs...one a smallmouth and a 6.3 lb largemouth...awseome place to fish but be prepared to lose lures lol

i do all my fishing from the shore unless i get my buddy to come ou with his boat but he really isnt beat for fishin anymore .i really hope i never get like that