Sign in to follow this  
UPS VT

My son's first bass

My six year old son (3rd of 4) caught his first bass today on Lake Sunrise in Benson, VT. To say I am proud of him is a minor understatement, it weighed 4 lbs 2 oz. He did everything himself except for taking it off the hook.

Nates1stbass4lbs2oz.jpg

Awesome. I can remember when my son caught his to what excitement. I'm sure he will be hooked now.  :D

The thing is bigger than he is lol. Anyway catching one like that as your first bass will be a memory of a lifetime.

My daughter (4) caught her first bass this past weekend.  She has been casting with me since she was 2 but I never gave her a hook until this year, just tied a soft plastic bait to her line for safty reasons.  Anyways last friday when we got to the cottage she wanted to fish from the dock so I tied a hook on her line, pinched the barb off just in case and gave her one of my soft creature baits.  On her third cast she hooked into about a 15 inch bass all by herself and managed to reel in the fish even after it ripped the reel off of her princess pole.  I have since bought her a nice 5 ft Zebco that should be more robust for the rest of the fish she is bound to catch.  My only regret is not having a camera with me to record this momentus occasion.  Needless to say I am one proud Dad!!

That is great, I probably would not have had anything other than a cell phone camera, but my wife always tells me to take the camera.  This time I listened.

that is a good job little dude you should be proud of yourself.i hope you catch alot more in the future .

p.s.WAY TO GO BIG GUY

That is a awesome catch.  :D Great job, Now you'll have a fishing partner for life.