Sign in to follow this  
TheMightyQuinn

Tobyhanna Lake

Hey all you PA guys, I have a quick question about this lake. I was wondering how the fishing was on this lake? I know its choked with weeds. Anything you guys got would be great .My friend and I are planning on going up there this Saturday.

Thanks.

Anything? I'm not looking for hot spots, I am just curious to know if there is a healthy population of bass. I know it has Pick's. Is this place worth the time?

Thanks.

From Boyertown here, wish I could help you.  I am heading up to Eagles Mere tonight for the weekend, will be looking for early AM spots to fish.  Good luck to you.  I am running a tourney at the Nock next Sat the 18th, you should check it out.  If interested, I'll send you the PDF form.

Good Luck.

Jamie

Welcome.  I haven't been there this year, but I seem to have pretty good luck just working the shoreline from the launch up through the dam.  I usually throw 4 curly tail worms texas rigged, 5 weightless stickbaits (woms in black, purple and camo colors), and white flukes around the riprap near the dam and any weeds (but the toothy critters like them also).  Good luck there.   Amazes me how black the bass are there.  Must be the tanic type water.