Sign in to follow this  
whoopbazz

Tips for Lake Onieda

We have a small club tourney there 9/12-13.  One year, a few years ago, we hit it good. But since, our weigh-ins have been below the lake's standards.

Can anyone give me some good advice...not necessarily looking for your "hot spot". Just some good bait choices and general patterns.

Thanks in advance...I'll be happy to share any info with lakes in NEPA if you need.

I'd go for White super flukes and/or Drop shotting gulp alive minnows. Thats what I've found most of my fish with. Oh and I fished mostly big bay and the pancake shoals.

I had a tournament a few weeks ago. My boater took me up on a big weedy/rocky shoal. He threw a spinnerbait most of the day and ended up with 11Lbs I was flippin all day and came out with 13.5. I found a few hanging out on the deeper drop offs around that shoal in like 20 foot of water but my boater didnt stay too long. Had one break off on a hook set with 65# braid. Also found topwater good in the morning around the shoal as well.