Sign in to follow this  
bluewing

Champlain Info

I am heading to Champlain late next week, though not for the tournament, and could use all the info and help I can get. Everything from licensing to what to use and where to go, IE north end south, east west. Also any info on where to stay, if possible I would prefer a place with their own ramp and maybe docks to leave it tied up at night. I dont know if they have that there. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

you can also e mail me directly at bluewingjb@comcast.net

Thanks

Wes

This is a good place to stay, it is just south of the Crown Point Bridge in Addison, VT. Here is a link: http://www.sportsmanccs.com/ You can get your fishing license on-line at: http://www.vtfishandwildlife.com/buylicense.cfm As far as up to date fishing tips go, I can't help you out much. I have not been out on Champlain in 4 weeks :'(. I probably don't stand a chance in the open tournament I am fishing in, but it is a great reason to get out and fish. If you have any questions send me a PM

Thanks for the info. I think I want to be more around Burlington though, as I am taking my wife and that way she has things she can do while I am fishing!!

go with the flow flip a jig ;)

brush hogs work well black blue browns and pumpkin colors work well

lots of milfoil pockets

bucket heads will be south of Burlington more so but its only a short run in a boat but its good fishin all around even for smallies

Thanks and can you enlighten me, what is a bucket head? I am only looking for LMB I really have no concern for smallies

If you are really looking for LMB, then the southern end of the lake, south of the Crown Point Bridge is your best bet.  In the Burlington area, you would need to run a long way either north or south to find good LMB action.  If you stayed where I suggested, your Mrs. would have about a 45 minute drive to the Burlington area, and you would be in LMB territory.  If you want to stay up that way there are several hotels.  I know the southern end of the lake much better, so I can't give you a great deal of information for the northern end, sorry.

Thanks and can you enlighten me, what is a bucket head? I am only looking for LMB I really have no concern for smallies

Wac into a 4 or 5lb smallie and I bet your concern for smallies will change ;)

Your probably right on that. It looks like I will be staying just south of Burlington and putting in at Shelburne bay. I plan on coming out of the bay and heading south and working the eastern shoreline. I am planning on starting down by Cedar beach and working to shoreline from there south..