Sign in to follow this  
Shimmer

Lake Bowen, Washington Illinois

Any of the Illinois guys or gals tried fishing Lake Bowen in Washington? It's a public lake on 6 acres from what I hear. I'm pretty sure it's heavily fished but a guy told me it holds some nice fish. I just heard about it since moving down here, and apparently it's 3 minutes from my apartment =)

If anyone has any information let me know, I'd appreciate it.

Welcome to town and welcome to the neighborhood!

If you are in an apartment and 3 mins from Bowen lake we are probably in the same neighborhood. I live in a house just off the main road near McDonalds. Ironically I live down the street from another BassResource.com member.

I've got a bunch more typed but I will e-mail or pm it to you.

Again, Welcome to Washington

Matt

I'd be the member Matt is refering to. Welcome to the area, where do you live?

I've fished Bowen a number of times in the last 5 or so years. I would say that having a boat gives you a huge advantage. The south half of the lake is much deeper than the north half. There is a ton of man-made structure in there, some of it can be seen from above without a fish finder. I've never caught anything huge out there but its a great spot to go if you're looking for a bunch of average size crappie for a fish fry. Vertical jig right over the structure and you'll have a few dozen in no time.

Hi, Im from Champaign here...  Me and a buddy fish at powerton lake in Pekin for some monster cats (20-60lbs), but once he gets done with his boat we will head that way for some smallmouth.  I have a small boat(10') with only a 30lb trolling motor so I would be afraid I wouldnt be albe to make it all around the lake lol.