Sign in to follow this  
JCrzy4Bass

Need on on Lake Barton, Va

So I found this new lake not too far from Burke Lake on mapquest.  It's name is Lake Barton and it's off the Burke Centre Parkway.  It looks like there is public access on waters edge landing with two circle areas at the end of the road but I'm not sure.  Does anyone live near here and know if this is public or private?  It is an eight acre lake and most in Nova have bass so I'm assuming it does hold largemouth.  If anyone has any info on it that would be appreciated.  There is another lake a little further up but it looks like it's in a residential area (woodglenn lake), if anyone has info on that it would also be helpful.  Thanks guys.  Just looking for some new spots and happend to find these.  Let me know what you know please.

Lake Barton is primarily a scenic backdrop for a few townhouse communities.  There is a jogging trail all the way around and is wooded on the south end.  The north end is a dam.  I recently started walking to the train station for my morning commute and was wondering how the fishing is.  I don't see many people fishing there at all.  I think I saw one guy in the Summer but that's it.

I bet it's stocked pretty good.  Your best bet for parking would be a visitor spot at one of the townhouse communities.  I'm not sure if there is any other type of public lot.  The access road from Burke centre pkwy is blocked, except to pedestrians and cyclists.  Let me know if/when you decide to check it out.  I'm only a 10 minute walk away and am curious about it myself.  How late in the season do you catch bass from the shore?  I've never fished in the fall.

First year fishing here from Va buddy so I'm gonna fish until laked freeze over or I'm not catching anything anymore.  But this has been the best month I've had all year so I ain't quitting yet.  Send me a pm with your number and email man, maybe we can get together one night next week (early evening).  My name is Jason.  I appreciate all the info on the lake partner.  So you think it would be fine to park in visitor parking?  Can you send me directions to one of those lots from route 123?  That would be cool.  Thanks again man, hope to talk soon.

There are several townhouse communities around.  I would suggest exploring for a good place to park.  Just search for "lake barton va" at http://maps.google.com and try some of those roads.  I would try Cove Landing or Water's edge first.  I might try to get out there this weekend.

Barton is public and very hit or miss. I've had great days and bad days. This time of year would probably be good. throw some cranks around the dam area and Fat Ika's around the weeds.

Thanks flip.  I'll do that boss.  Don't have any fat ikas but I do have a lot of gycb dt grubs so I'll probably use those (though I don't have much of a color selection).  But if those don't work I supposse I could use my trusty senkos like I do at Burke around the grass.  I have plenty of cranks so I'll try it out.  Appreciate the info man.

I walked around Lake Barton on Sat.  I through a few casts from several locations with no action.  Water seemed pretty cold.  You think it's too late in the season?

Nah... water temps are still in the 60's.  Were you fishing topwater, shallow, mid or deep?  Always possible to get skunked with a "few" casts haha  :)

Still haven't gotten out here and won't be able to until Monday or Tuesday morning next week (working nights).  If your free one of the two and wanna go pm me dude.  Later man.

no i don't think so at all, i live 5 mins from there on lake braddock and there is still steam coming off the water in the mornings when i'm getting up.

Hey, I just realized that Monday is a holiday, so I don't have work.  Also the wife is taking the kids to the mountains for the day.  That means I can fish!

I went to Barton the other morning and landed 2 keepers. The largest close to 4.5 and the other close to 2 lbs. Both caught with a spinnerbait near the dam. This is the time of the year to catch a huge stringer.  

I was jigging the bottom but could only get the few casts in because I was walking around the lake with the wife and kids.  No patience there.  lol...

Man, I'll need to try it again this weekend.  Thanks for the info!

Depends on the air temps, the fall transition iseems to be the best time of the year for me. Try a crankbait or spinnerbait.

Anyone been recently? Looking for new bank fishing/hiking spots