Sign in to follow this  
rondef

First Trophy Certificate

I just received my first Trophy Certificate from the State of Virginia.  However it was for a Channel Catfish, not an LMB, I am still working on that one.  The certificates are nice and it showed up within a couple of weeks of applying for it.  It also will be posted online after the end of the year.  I think it is really cool that the State of Virginia does this for us.

post-10436-130162939974_thumb.jpg

CONGRATS! that's awesome man, even if it isn't a bass. Where'd you catch that kitty?

Is that Remington down near Culpeper? I used to fish the Rapp down near there.

Yes it is near Culpeper.  My buddy own the pod and it also holds some trophy LMBs.  I am hoping to go back during spawning season and catch one.  The pond is about 4 feet low right now so he wants to wait until spring before I fish it again.  I caught a nice LMB there that same day, almost three pounds.

Congrats!  How did you apply for it?  Did you have to have it officially weighed/measured?

Anyone have a link for minimum statistics for trophy fish of different species in VA?

I printed the form, filled it out and had my son sign the witness section certifying the length of the fish and then mailed the form along with $4 to cover the cost of the certificate. I also sent them a picture of the fish.  If you certify by weight you have to bring it to a weigh station, that means killing the fish.  I chose not to go that route.

Here is the link to VDGIF:

http://www.dgif.state.va.us

Here is the link to the Trophy Fish Size Chart:

http://www.dgif.state.va.us/fishing/trophy/sizechart.asp