Sign in to follow this  
dave

DALE CITY VA.  Bass Fishing Flea Market

Are any of you guys from Virginia (or Maryland) going to this flea market tomorrow.  It has been going on for 15 years.  Some great used equipment to be had for good prices.

Friday 2/2 at the Hillendale Fire House at the corner of Hillendale Drive and Dale Blvd,  Dale City, VA.  Doors open at 8a.m.  Usually $2 to get in.  Lots of regular guys just selling their gear.  If you go early,  I'll usually be hanging out at the Indian Head Charters table.  I'm about 6' 230lbs and no hair.  The guy that owns Indian Head Charters is actually a member (though inactive) of BR.  I'll be there for a couple of hours in the a.m.

Hey Dave what time does this fiasco go on til'?  I have errands to run in the morning but my parents is right down the road and our place is less than 10 miles or so away in Dumfries.  So I will try and go with my pops for a bit and check out the selection.  I could use some shallow running cranks for the upcoming months, only thing I'm short on right now.  Any guys specifically we should look for here that are "regulars"?  No demonstrations or anything right?  If you can email me any other info you might have I'd appreciate it as I'm not on here much til' March or so.  jcrzy4smlmth@gmail.com

If not, no biggie.  Appreciate all you've told thus far.  Later man.

Doors stay open until 1:00 usually.  At about 11:30 if things are slow some guys start packing up and leaving.  But,  there are usually people there until the end.  My favorite is Bernie Shultz.  He is usually there selling original Sugar Shads. (before they were owned by Luhr Jensen)

Man, does this sound like a great way to spend a Saturday morning.

See lots of fishing gear and meet a lot of nice people.

But I live in Richmond, south of Dale City, and I would have to travel on I-95 to get there and driving on I-95 on a good day is a pain.

So I will just have to pass it up.

But you guys have a good time and let us know what you picked up.

It will take me an hour to get there from MD.  I've been going for so many years,  I feel like I can't not go.  I have been a vendor a few times.      It is good to get out and see everybody.

Yes to the deals are worth it.  It is 99% fishing.  A few guys have some non-fishing related items thrown in.  Get there early for the best stuff.  Remember to negotiate.

A few deals I saw go down.

Older Shimano Metanium  $60

Stradic 4000 FH  $65

St. Croix Premier 7' MF Spinning $25  (missing one guide)

New in the sleeve Castaway Soft Touch 6'6"M  $60

Plano 360 box containing:

2 X-Caliber Zell Pops

3 Original Rebel Pop R's

1 Storm Chug Bug

3 other poppers

all for $10

One of the most interesting table was a guy that collected Jitter Bugs

He had a box of wood bodies (about 50) from the 1950's and 60's.  In those days Arborgast would send people the components to assemble at home.  They would send them back assembled and ready to package.  

I only picked up one bait.  A New 1/2 oz. Secret Weapon Spinnerbait,  $2.  It retails for $8.  

I'm sure many more went down.

You Northern VA and MD guys mark your calenders for next year.  Tons of great stuff.

Thanks for the heads up Dave.  Stopped by early this morning as was surprised at all the people there.  Didn't really need anything but managed to get a deal on some nice older top water plugs (you know the good ones that are hand painted and made of wood), a few cheap bags of good plastic, and a few blade baits.  Guess I spent $13 + $2 to get in and covered that with the one Highroller I walked out with.  

Will be back next year...but maybe to off load some of the lures I collected over the years.

Thanks again.

I had had a table for the last 5 years.  Just selling rods, reels, baits.  I got there right at 8 this morning.   Already a long line.  It was weird to stand in line to get in.  

There were some good deals to be had. I hope you enjoy the rod Dave.I sold it to you and it was nice talking to you. New to the board!

Welcome to the boards man.  Always good to have another Nova guy in the mix.  I wasn't able to make it as I was running errands ALL day.  Will probably be there next year.  

There were some good deals to be had. I hope you enjoy the rod Dave.I sold it to you and it was nice talking to you. New to the board!

I thought that city (I won't try to pronounce it) was about an 1:40 away from Dale City.  We're you the guy with the St. Croix issues or the guy with the Castaway Soft Touch rods?

I was the guy that sold you the rod. I think I will put the other rods  to good use!!