Sign in to follow this  
Sam

Fish Starting to Move in Richmond, Virginia

Stopped by my local pond today and saw one bass swimming by a fallen tree and one of the carp near the surface about 50 feet out from shore.

I hope this means they are starting to move into prespawn.

I need to go fishing.

I saw some under a bank overhang at a lake by my job.  I believe they are on the move.  

Hey guys, don't forget to post that first fish. Had a Indian Summer day today with temps hitting 69 here in Northern Va. Too bad the wifey had me cleanin' the apartment since I was out all weekend, by the time I finised I had to get ready for night shift at work. Wish I woulda had this weather yesterday out at Burke. Kinda windy, but I've never been afraid of castin' into some wind with some weight. Especially now since it's prime time for plastics and jigs.

Anyway tommorrow high is 48, temps will stay in the 50's and 40's all night. Guess that means I'm fishin' before work tommorrow. I'll be headed on up to Lake Ridge from about 8 until 11:30 or so if anyone is interested in tagging along. Plan on fishing the deep holes around the boat ramp areas to the left of the floating dock. Might even make my way around the shoreline to the left depending on the mud situation. Suppossed to rain a bit today so we will see if it dries up.

I caught my second fish of the year on Friday on a private pond.  The first was on January 12 and it was the same one eyed fish both times!  It is unanimous, one eyed bass like the chatterbait fished like a jig!  This fish continued the streak to 13 consecutive months with at least one LMB caught!

Sounds like a great plan but I have to see a client in Norfolk and then stop the Hampton BPS shop on the way back to Richmond.

Car can't go by the BPS store without stopping.

Took a walk halfway around Lake Barton with the wife and kids yesterday.  Almost got to the dam and it started raining.  My wife was ticked at me for making them walk all that way after assuring them it wouldn't rain.  LOL... I was ticked that my fishing spot was in sight and I had to turn back.  I did get a few casts in  on the shallow side with no luck.  We did see three turtles on fallen tree though, so that's got to be good news.