Sign in to follow this  
burleytog

Alabama boating regs?

Bama do anything different than TN?  Any special requirements we need to be aware of?

I assume Bama mirrors the USCG regulations regarding floatation requirements, etc.

AL boating laws are pretty basic. There are no extreme requirements such as flares, flags etc., at least that I am aware of. Of course I have never been checked, may get surprised one day.

Anyway, just the basics.

By the way, you can buy your license on line through the Dept. of Natrual Resources. Reasonable cost on license.

The only things that I have ever been checked on are boaters license, registration, fire extinguisher, life jackets, throwable flotation device and kill switch.  I did get ticketed for running down the lake with my front fishing seat on the pedestal as Alabama Marine Police decided that it obstructed my vision.

Alabama requires an endorsment on your driver's license for operating a vessel.  I do not know if this applies to out of state boaters but I'll check and let you know.

Just checked the regs Burley.  You may operate in Alabama for 45 days as an out of state resident without a license.

Well I am still legal even though the only one of those that has ever been checked is the naked picture of my cousin.  I didn't know he was following the law I just thought he was a pervert.

Don't forget your Crimson Tide cap and sweat shirt.

Do not wear your Tennessee cap or anything orange, blue/orange, purple/gold or with a big "G" on it.

Snuff will also be useful should you be pulled over by the game officials.

Have a great time and be safe.

Sam, blue/orange and purple/gold are tolerated alot more the past few years. The main colors to leave at home are orange/white(obvious) and blue/gold(ND which is all I have). The Atlanta Braves are the only real baseball team in America. George Wallace would have been the greatest President if he had been elected. The main thing to remember about sports in Alabama is; the Bear IS the greatest coach in college football, he helped hang the sun and moon, and God asks his advice on a daily basis.  :-?

Oh yeah, that snuff better be Copenhagen Fine Cut or you are a sissy and should be using a Barbie combo.

Don't get me wrong, I love Alabama. I have lived here most of my life off and on. This is the one state that I know of where the stereotypes prove themselves correct on a daily basis.

I better stop now. :D

Well, I've got everything but the nekkid photo of my cousin. Thank God for that...

Want one?? ;D

Well, I've got everything but the nekkid photo of my cousin. Thank God for that...

Want one?? ;D

Heavens no.  None of my female cousins (all two of them) are worth looking at.  ;D